Tuesday, May 29, 2007

10 ways my rural partners avoid my calls/ request for reports


1- Report is done but, mera computer 'crush' ho gaya
2- Aapka phone lagta hi nahin
3- Wo suddenly meri wife ki bahen ka husband ka mausa ka death ho gaya
4- Computer operator ka pet dard kar raha tha
5- Bijli chaar din se nahin hai
6- I have just sent it
7- Arrey, you did not receive it? Ok let me make some more changes and send it again immediately.
8- Ho madam. Ho madam.
9- My Mailbox Status: Received email without the required attachment.
Better still….
10- My Mailbox Status: Received mail with attachment. But! But! unrecognisable fonts. (or attachment in binary digits).

And one more way (should change the title, actually). I like this the best--

11- Hallo? Hallo? Sunai nahin de raha…hallo? hallo?



I do not lose my temper quite that often, though.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"ho madam ho madam" was a classic.

Hallo? Hallo? sunai nahi de raha hei... is something i use quiet often...

I do dub myself at times' "I am out, in a meeting, please leave your message or kindly call after sometime " :)

Excuses no know bounds!

Anonymous said...

end of blogging?

Unknown said...

there is usha..office assistant..a 40 something mother..long time employee at office..in my 5 years of knowing her..whwenever i have approached her for any damn small work (usha please yeh type kar do, usha please yeh document dhoondh do)..she has never ever wavered from her standard response..
1. she chokes her voice with misery and suffering and exploitation..
2. she takes a 7 second pause to say the words she has said 65,000 times before..
2.And she says.."Pankaj Mujhe na Geenat (zeenat our colleague)ne baut (bahut) kaam diya hai..ore(aur)..woh subah se chilla rahi hai..aap rakh do..jab time milega kar doongi"
i goto extreme lengths to avoid interacting with her because i can barely contain myself from hurling sexist abuses at her.

darksunshine said...

yes i remember usha n her unreasonabl reasons. but she wud do things for me. i obviously wud take interset in her child and bai problems, that is.
but it always happens that the one who wrks like a dog always gets the load. no 1der usha madam wud sit tight n kiran wud wrk like a dog.
its the same everywer...if u know wat i mean!

n lash the best i like are mails that6 finally come after months of reminders but with unrecognisable and undownabl fonts.